View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Well, this changes everything...

First you tell me there are guitars that are made of something besides wood, and now they moved that hole in the middle more to the upper side??

Wassup wit dat?

My first carbon fiber guitar looked like a guitar. Same general size and shape as my Taylor 522ce 12-fret. I liked it right off the bat.

It took me a while to come to appreciate that off-set sound hole. I don't find the sound over-powering, but it does bring more of the guitar sound to the player. Think of it as though playing one of those "old fashioned" guitars while facing close to a wall. Like a regular ol' guitar, only better.

Beauty is, of course, in the eye of the beholder, but I still don't care much for the look of an off-set sound hole that looks like it has been "routed" out of the flat top surface. The sound holes on the Emeralds are molded in. Just like every other sensuous curve on their guitars. It all works together to add to the sound and comfort.

If you don't "get it," it's OK... took me a while to put all this together. Apparently, old dogs can learn new tricks. Just not as fast.