View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

I tried looking into it, but every thing screams "run away" to me. Too much sharing of my personal info to even get registered with Crowdcube (even via Facebook or Google login), and makes some of my profile info public.

Investment via public stock exchanges is far more transparent (and probably better regulated), and privacy is maintained. There's just more info readily available about the potential investment - financials, including profit margins, employee compensations, etc. Even Kickstarter allows you to see what's on offer, and what rewards are anticipated, without signing up. Crowdcube does list the risks inherent in any investment on their site. If anyone has registered and would care to leak us some details of TNAG, it would be interesting to evaluate why they're unable to finance it on their own. How successful is the company thus far, and is it currently providing a good living for its owners and employees? The total estimated valuation of approx. GBP 1.4 million is not very high - I'd consider that a very small business. Hard to generate enough to pay the rent, and take home some pay. Depends on how much they've been taking out of it so far, and how much is purchased inventory vs., perhaps, consignment.

The only info viewable on Crowdcube without going through registration is that a 20% equity is being offered up for investment. Near as I can tell, the "shares" are in a privately held company, which means there is likely little prospect of any revenue sharing, and, no actual shares to ever be able to sell whether the business prospers or not. Usually in such situations, one might look for Limited or General Partners (or whatever the UK equivalent is). I'm guessing there is no security for the debt, as often would be asked of if it were a business loan.

Sorry, I would never have run or expanded my own business in this way. I don't see why if the prospects are so good (especially with the distribution deal) then why not a business loan or line of credit against inventory and receivables, and possibly the assets of the owners? You know, like most businesses? If any vendors want to help float some inventory, too, then that would be wonderful. Otherwise, it strikes me that they are woefully underfunded and not currently profitable enough to even consider this large a growth step, however promising bringing the Avian line in might seem. Sure, there can be risk-takers willing to invest in any venture, or to help out friends, but I doubt I'd put my money there.
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=572579