View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rule View Post
The yearly production rate of "two minutes to make a guitar" is quite different than the amount of time it takes for each instrument. Add the many employees and work stations into the equation and I'm certain the result will not be "two minutes". Math can be misleading with faulty logic and an incomplete equation.

Wow Rick. I was certain my use of the little laughing smiley would indicate the fact that I was joking. But I guess it was insufficient, so I will spell it out for you.
When I said it takes Martin 2 minutes to make a guitar, I was joking. Even if they had every piece of the guitar all ready to be assemble and sitting on a workbench, there is no way they could build an entire guitar in two minutes.
It is impossible and I am sure even children in first or second grade would know that.
When I used the annual production numbers for Martin and divided by the assumed amount of working time in said year, once again (and I hope you are paying attention this time) I WAS JOKING.
There was absolutely nothing faulty with my humor or the way I presented it. I can not say the same for you ability to read and interpret what I was trying to do there.
Rather then have anyone else with sub par reading comprehension level and no sense of humor get confused, I will say it very clearly:
The Martin guitar company does not produce a guitar, from raw wood to completed instrument, in two minutes. It takes a bit more time than that.
Thanks for playing along though Rick. I can see your sense of humor has been well honed in your 50+ years on this planet. Must have been during the last 33+ years of marriage. You should be proud. Please try to pay attention, fully read and understand, and make an effort to pick up on the humor in a post before you decide to try and insult another member, mmmkay Rick?