View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 PM

In the larger scheme of things I don't think you'll go wrong with either as they are both great guitars. I agonized over the same decision about 2 years ago (SCGC OM/PW or Martin 000-28EC) and ended up chosing the Santa Cruz. It has a kind of gritty low end attitude that I liked and the V profile of the neck was slightly less pronounced which made it more comfortable for me (to do things like thumb overs). I have to agree 100% with Glennwillow though that after some experimentation I also swapped the Elixirs for Martin strings. I love Elixirs on some other guitars but on the SCGC they just had to much "zjing" for me.
Ultimately you'll probably want to play each to really make an informed choice. Someone once told me that guitars are like wands in that the wand choses the wizard and not the other way around and my experience has born that out in my case. With the noted exception that my guitar playing would never be described as wizardry. When it comes to guitar chops I'm a muggle. Fortunately that doesn't seem to affect my enjoyment much!
Best of luck and as others have suggested, whatever you choose don't look back

Last edited by d7sharp9; 10-25-2010 at 04:47 PM.