View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM

You should go with a NEW guitar if you are going to buy a Takamine. You can get them to make sure it is all set up right, you'll get a warranty and you have a trial period in case you end up not preferring it. If you get the used one, the cracks are probably not the only problem. It will also likely need other things fixed along the way.

As far as the guitar itself, I never liked Takamine much but the cedar top ones can sound decent. The first one you mention may sound pretty good but be sure of the model you want first. Just because it has a higher model number doesn't mean it sounds better to you. I think the g330s with the cedar top sounds better than a lot of the ones in the 8 bills range. Of course I realized you want electronics and cutaway though.
Taylor 815C, Taylor 410e, Taylor 314ce, Taylor 224ce-K DLX, Taylor 110e, Martin D-18GE, Martin D-14 Woodstock, Little Martin Felix II, Sigma DM-5, Sigma DR-41, Martin 000x1e, Washburn 314k Parlor-125th anniv, Yamaha FG730s, Liberty Mahogany resonator
Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Epiphone Sheraton II, Fender Amer. Std. SSH Strat, Ibanez SZ520