Thread: Dilemna
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCanadian View Post
Yeah, I have my guitar set up perfectly I believe (for me anyway). I'm a light finger picker, and have my action very low. While replacing nuts and saddles I've experimented with quite a few different adjustments, and what I have now is the best I've come up with. I play the guitar fairly frequently, but every time I pick up any Taylor with the 1 11/16" nut width, it feels much more comfortable. I've thought this over and over and over.
Reminds me of wanting to buy a pair of great looking 9 1/2 shoes when I need a 10....cramming my feet into the 9 1/2's never works and I'm uncomfortable all day....Same with a Guitar

Comfort & playability of a Guitar is mandatory.....Just resign yourself to the fact this Guitar doesn't fit......if you are fighting your Guitar, it's a bad fit.

I would however, not "settle" for a 214.....The 314CE neck is great and the nut is actually 1 3/4 "....I found for my hands (in my price range) the only Guitars that really worked from a neck standpoint was the 314 CE and my Breedlove American C25 SME.....The clincher for me was I paid half of what the Taylor costs....

Don't know if you got good credit ( I don't )...American Musical Supply is offering Taylors at 12 month pay as you play payment plans, no interest....I think a 314CE is like $137.42 a month.....

Playability & comfort is oh so important.....it's time to move on

Breedlove American C25 SME--Neumann KMS 105---Fishman Loudbox Performer---KORG PA 4X--Tascam DP 24
God, My Guitar, & Me