Thread: Modelers
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPappy View Post
AX, I've got nothing for you on the Helix, but I wanted to add my condolences to the loss of your loving dog. I'm really sorry to hear it and I wish there was something we could say or do to ease the pain, but there's not.

We've always been a multi-dog family, so we've been through this many times, and most of our dogs have been rescue dogs. When we adopt a dog, we know that they are going to break our hearts some day. But, try as we may to prepare for that day and rationalize in our minds that we gave them a great life, it never gets any easier. In fact, as I get older, it just seems to get harder and harder, and there's nothing anyone can say or do to lessen the pain.

The last one we lost was 3 years ago. Her name was Molly and she was really bonded with my wife. We lost her on the same day we found out my wife had cancer and we still miss her terribly, my wife especially so.
Thanks, GP. This was a tough one. With all of her titles, she was more accomplished than I am, and she was a better companion to my wife and me than I ever was to anyone. I keep trying to distract myself by focussing on my interests, but I'm not doing a very good job.