View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 11:00 AM

Default Parametric

I experimented with this last night, noticed the Parametric eq is three band, not two like I thought. I set two frequencies that I know will create feedback and gave them the smallest q-factor. Did not lose much tone and an expression pedal was not necessary, I assigned it to one foot switch. So three individual patches could be setup.

I don't have feedback issues anymore, but I might get a chance later in the week to try this patch with some other instruments and amps. I experimented by playing hard enough to let certain strings ring out. Not the greatest way to test this, but it least I get an idea of how it impacts tone. The additional q parameter gives one more feature besides frequency and cut/boost that I've seen on other pedals and amps.

When I had an older acoustic amp I hit the feedback button on a Zoom A3 which could instantly remove feedback, but I wasn't always happy with the resulting tone. Great discussion as sometimes I'm not allowed to bring my amp or PA when playing outside of home.