View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 AM

Frank, thanks for responding. I'm guessing the folks around here have seen my question (excluding the cedar factor) too many times, and are silently screaming, "Use the search function!", and/or "Why isn't your wife here asking?". Both are fair comments.

Perhaps the responses would've been better if I was asking about a high dollar 12s used for food-and-shelter gigs.

The S12 is straight acoustic. Before we pursue purchasing a system, we're going to see if the older Bill Lawrence soundhole PUP that's currently in the Ibanez AW25 12s still works. IIRC it's a passive PUP with no controls. If it works and sounds good in the Ibanez, it'll wind up in the S12.

A local independent store that does service, and would gladly sell us a system and charge to install it , actually suggested trying the above first.

Taylor 414e Ltd Claro Walnut__Takamine EC132C__Larrivee 000-40R__Yairi WY-1__Alvarez PJ85SC-DVS & PJ85SC-12DVS, RB30SC__Guild GAD-JF48__Seagull Model 12, S12, S6+ Folk, M4 Spruce__Ibanez AW-25 (12s), PF5CENT __Olympia OD?, OP2__Hohner Morena-HAM 712 mandolin__Flight Ukulele__Yamaha Guitalele