View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.blay View Post
I had one. It does reproduce a very fine acoustic tone. It's very versatile in that you can move it around the top and adjust it various distances from the top or the neck. I can also be used on multiple guitars. The main drawback is much the same as other microphones and pick up systems; feedback proneness. I wound up getting a super deal on a similar Silver Bullet model of the K&K microphone. I mounted it under the strings internally with a JJB Prestige 330, wired in stereo to the output jack. (The Silver Bullet model seemed to be slightly more pleasing to my ears). Then I use a stereo cable to the DTAR Solstice blender which allows me to blend in just the right amount of microphone with the JJB and adjust the sound of both to minimize the feedback issues. It's common to run any guitar pick up through a mixer or some sort of unit with notch filters and/or EQ capabilities. There are more and more wonderful acoustic amplification and pick up options coming out every year. I think the Meridian has just fallen out of fashion and has much more completion now. There's really nothing "wrong" with it; just typical things one must do to optimize and tailor the sound for each person's needs/likes.
By the way, I've learned so much from this forum and I hope my shared experience can give back just a fraction of the knowledge and wisdom, saving me from many (not all) of the expensive lessons I could have learned the hard way.
I've also been looking into the Meridian as a nice, optional, addition to my LB6 loaded guitars when the event calls for it. I wouldn't use it in terribly small settings but I thought it could be a nice second-source in certain environments.

Do you like the Silver Bullet better? I've considered wiring a mic in stereo to my LB6 and using that as a second source. It appears the Silver Bullet requires a 9volt power supply. Are you wiring the JJB to the Mic's preamp? Just curious how you're making it work.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic