View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 08:50 PM

Every time this subject comes up, the Roland (and other tiny amp options) come up as quality solutions. I think that we here on the AGF, ought to look a tad more closely at why that is. Fact is that, almost every one of you (especially the vocal posters) use two standards for performance, one for 'paid gigs' and another for busking. I can see it in what you require as minimum good equipment at a bar gig vs. The Roland micro cube and kustom PA50 that y'all recommend for the streets.

I'm never going back to playing with poor equipment because I have pride in what I do and I want all of the advantages good equipment brings. Now I personally have no love for the Roland AC33/kC110 or Street Cube Ex, or the Mackie Freeplay either. I can though, see why people might recommend them. They're not God-awful.

The micro cube and that Kustom PA50 are Kiddie City level Barbie & Ken toys and its just wrong to recommend them. Now CAD79 replied that you don't need to be loud and while that might be true sometimes, its pretty seldom true that you won't be overdriving a micro cube (maybe outside a hospital or something...). I'll tell you flat out that distortion is the number one cause of busker hating complaints, right beside ' he plays the same song over and over'.

If you go out there and sound like crap, you're making us all look bad and causing trouble far beyond just you. Use the same standard whenever and wherever you play. Aim to sound as good as you can and you might get famous one day.

I apologize for the slighted tone of this but I can't figure out how to sugar coat my point.