View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
You will need to go without an amp the first time and try a few spots. See what street noise you get, etc....

The spot you busk from is called the "pitch". Good pitches are in high demand.

Are you singing?

Then get back to us here and tell us what happened. The idea is to see if you need an amp first, then think about what level of street noise you are combating. Traffic makes it very difficult, shredder trucks..impossible.

PS: I busk half the year and rely on it for income. Happy to help you any way I can. As a rule of thumb, you will not be asked to turn off an amp if it is inoffensive. That is a judgement call and usually goes your way unless you are doing Van Halen riffs at 90 dB.
My set lists consist of some "Americana", Guy Clark, Ray Wiley Hubbard as examples, and some blues, folk, traditional. Not real loud stuff. As far as trying to use the amp quietly, probably not. You should see the BIG CAPITOL LETTERS from the police chief in the certificate."ABSOLUTLY NO AMPLIFIED MUSIC"

I know where the best "Pitches" are and i have seen some Buskers told to move along when the could not produce a "Solicitors Licence" .