View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 PM

Three very fine amps, I have compared AER and Fishman but have never heard Schertler, reports are they are excellent.

That being said I am going to throw a monkey wrench into the mix as you obviously are only looking at high end amps, which should also include Rivera and Genz Benz.

I am a lifetime musician, got my union card in the early 70's and am totally blown away by the Genz Benz Shenandoan Pro. It is an amazing acoustic amp; 200 watts, 12" neodymium speaker, very smooth compression bullet tweeter, isolated/suspended electronics in the cabinet configuration, fan with on/off switch, blendable tube-FET preamp sections both channels, Alesis effects split between vocal and acoustic effects and independent for each channel, parrametric mid EQ, channel phase, pre-post gain, ported cabinet, separate tweeter volume control, XLR phantom power both channels, non cancelling XLR-1/4" inputs both channels, rocker switch to add external cabinets at speaker level volume, and the input/output options looks like a mixer on the back.

AER and Fishman are excellent, but my money went to the Genz Benz for the larger 12" driver, which voices so well with guitar, and there is no comparison in features. Plus it just sounded a little bit if not more "better". If you can audition one and let your ears decide....that's what I did.

Good Luck in you search...............

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)