View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

*** UPDATE ***

Looks like it'll be going back to MF tomorrow. The discount wasn't enough to justify keeping it with that large crack in the top and the one at the jack. I'm bummed because I really like it, but I don't wanna pay nearly full price for a guitar with those issues. I rarely return anything, but in this case I think it's prudent.

I have been busy dealing with the fall-out from a vehicle accident (guy slammed into us HARD from behind on the interstate, driving us into the side of a semi trailer) last Friday that resulted in me having a broken nose, concussion, sore neck, and headaches. So that's taken the majority of my time and attention (besides working my day job) and I haven't had a chance to post the pics that I took to a hosting site. I will post them at some point for the curious here.

I did play the guitar more last night and I really like its slightly fuller, more robust sound over my blancas. So down the road I do intend to get another negra. Hopefully I like it as much as this one. It's a crap shoot when mail ordering these things. The closest dealer is 140 miles away, over a mountain pass (which I drove over preceding my recent accident)... so going over there this time of year isn't a huge temptation for me. But maybe I'll go over there in the spring... or maybe I'll succumb to temptation at some point and try another online purchase. I've always had good luck with them and this is probably one of the very few that haven't worked-out for me. My wallet thanks me for the short reprieve.