View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Fishman Loudbox

After demoing the SFX II and Roland many times, I was recently impressed with the Fishman Loudbox, and would strongly recommend you give it a try. It has pure and easy EQ and reverb controls, and does not 'color' the sound. So it's all about tone with this one. Mine is the original model 250, with separate amps and speakers for bass, mid, and highs. Most noticeable about that configuration is the glassy midrange that you just don't find in a woofer / tweeter configuration. I use it with my Adamas 6 and 12, Country Artist (Nylon), and EA68 Viper acoustic-electric, and the sound is clear, clean, full, rich, wow! No limit to the volume with the 250 rms tri-amped watts, no breakups or distortion either. Further, and this may surprise you, I use the Loudbox with my Fender American Deluxe Tele. The frequency range of the amp gives life to the Tele that I cannot find on my Fender Cyber Deluxe (single 12). Pure tone machine.