View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 01:36 PM

Default Help me make a decision

So I’ve been getting into slide and resonator playing more and also playing more acoustic solo shows. I play a Taylor 914ce 99.9 % of my show. But I’d like to add more resonator playing into it as I’m a blues player. I want to buy a nice national or mule and using that as my main guitar. My question is, will I be able to play the resonator as easily as my Taylor for strumming and chord work as nice as it is on the taylor? I’d like to think if I got a nice resonator that I could play that for everything I play now and it would give me the blues tones for my playing and then I could just tune it to an open tuning for some slide work, which I’m not an expert at but suffice. Any opinions or advice? And also what would you recommend for the resonator? National vs mule? I like the look of the national NRP black rust O style. I do have a Michael messer blues resonator 12 fret right now as well but playing that mostly wouldn’t be feasible as after about 3 songs my fingers hurt like hell

Last edited by egordon99; 03-20-2024 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Please review the rules