View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustache79 View Post
I'd rather not elaborate much or finger point, but I think (my opinion) in this thread it's a little absurd to say that an inexpensive guitar can't benefit from the same upgrades that people do to their fancy all solid wood guitars. I've owned very nice guitars and all laminate inexpensive guitars. I've always found that there are ways to improve the sound and playability of them regardless of their pedigree.

Like I suggested in a previous post, it doesn't have to cost a lot to upgrade the OP's guitar. For under $90 he can get a bone nut, saddle, bridge pins and Grover 18:1 tuning machines with a little know how and a bit of resourcefulness. To say it isn't worth it and to just save up for a different guitar wasn't what he was asking.

As for other threads, that's a different story and I'm not opening that can of worms too much. But, as suggested before, this place sometimes comes across as a rich man's forum.
The OP was asking for advice and suggesting that he spend $90 for "upgrades" on a $200 guitar doesn't seem like good advice to me...at the end of the day it will still sound pretty much like a $200 guitar.