View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 PM

I use 610LMs on a 12 fret Taylor GC and there is less tension than with the similarly gauged Elixirs (which I have also used). I did make a slight adjustment to the neck after deciding to use the JPs for a while.

I also agree that they do not last as long as I'd like - certainly not as long as elixirs.

That said I like the 610LMs a great deal. I recently tried one set of Thomastik Infeld Plectrums in a .012 - .059 (this is right .059) gauge and they were as delightful to the touch as the 610LMs and but they had immense power, harmonic richness, volume, tone ....the only problem was that I could not bring the D string to tension for some reason so I restrung my old D string just to give the TIs a listen. I changed the strings out to have a new and better balanced set but I never really experienced how long the TIs lasted.

The TIs are really expensive (so I hope they last a bit) but I have ordered a couple more sets. From the little bit I heard of them I can say that both tone and touch were fantastic. I hope that I do not experience string failure again (perhaps I strung it wrong somehow but I have never experienced this problem before) and they might not be the quietest strings but I'd say if you really like the 610LMs you might try the Plectrums.