View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3woodengulls View Post
I hear this technique thing a lot. Please help me understand. Barre chords are played with your finger extended over the fret board you thumb is required to clamp behind the finger. This requires pressure from you hand in other words you must clamp using hand muscles. I play barre chords all the time it's not that I can't play them it's that songs that require all barres really fatigue my hand. I was hoping someone has had this issue and was able to overcome it with some hand strength exercise.

You're probably not going to find much help outside of the type of responses you've already gotten here. I don't know if there is much help other than do what you can to develop more endurance.

I've been playing for over 40 years. My technique is solid. My guitars are set up as well as they'll ever be.

It's just a fact that a song that's all barre chords is going to wipe my left hand out. I try to make sure I'm warmed up properly before tackling one of these songs and I have to take a break afterward. I try to space them out within a rehearsal or performance as well. Some days I know I'm just not up for a hand killer so I skip them. Thankfully we only have a few of these in our repertoire.

Playing Guitar - Books, Free Lessons & Practice Resources