View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Stew, if you have the budget (and can deal with 40 lbs) for the aforementioned Line 6 L2t, it is a better solution for low tones. I think the FreePlay will work, but it depends on the volume you need and if you will also need to use the unit for performances. If only for rehearsal, I think the FreePlay will work. It has 150 watts RMS and an 8” speaker. The Line 6 has a 10” woofer and 800 Watts RMS.
Since your suggestion on the Line 6 L2t I have been doing a lot of product research and seems to be the great unit for my purposes. Combined with a Fractal Audio AX8 I would have an all in one unit for Acoustic, Mic an Electric with mic as well I suppose. The FRFR capability is what I want because you can always add additional preamps like a Radial or LR Baggs. With the AX8 you couple also run an acoustic amp model as well.

I hate spending money twice and having redundancy. This could work. A little overkill one could say but you can always turn the volume down in the townhouse, while still having it when you need it.

Does this Line 6 unit have a direct competitor right now?

Thanks