View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
In regards to the ToneMatch T1 Mixer. (Bose)

As a fairly new L1 Compact user (I also own the T1) ...
In a Solo acoustic guitarist/singer -- small venue performance situation.
I do not find a huge amount of "value" in the T1.

Yes it sounds fantastic, easy to use and has ton of versatility /functions.

But I find my Guitar+Mic into >>TCH Play Acoustic >> Bose L1C works "just" as well or better.

Again, this has to do with solo "gig" sound and ease of use.
Not pristine studio situations or perhaps bigger venues (which I have not played).

Gary's sound and rig including the Fishman Platinum EQ sounds fantastic as well.

Interestingly, I am finding myself wanting to scale back...
In fact, I am considering going with a Boss AD-2 Preamp, Boss Tuner and TCH Harmony Singer pedal.
Although, I prob could use an EQ too ..brings me back to the TC Play Acoustic ...
Which for me covers a lot of ground (vocals and guitar effects) for the $.

This post was mainly for anyone considering the Bose L1C ,,,The T1 is not necessary ..
In fact in my case it's redundant in many areas... Except the mixer. Which I do not get with pedals alone.

Of course IMO and YMMV .. Please don't forget to tip your servers and bartenders ...
Thanks for sharing Jake. I'm glad you shared about the Bose L1 Compact o this thread. That system is still my 'preference' and I agree, the T1 Tonematch mixer or any other mixer are not necessary nor does the system really sound much better or different. Especially true for Solo act. If you need more channels than two, either the Turbosound IP1000 or Bose L1 Compact need an external mixer.

I love using the Fishman Platinum Pro EQ pedalboard preamp. It makes plugging into any system highly configurable for ultimate tone shaping if the venue needs anything.

The Boss AD-2/Harmony Singer/tuner would totally work. The Plat Pro EQ has a tuner built in, but I prefer the tuner in my Shure GLXD wireless foot pedal receiver. (or TC Polytune mini+ is a great foot pedal tuner as well)

Noledog - You are too kind my friend! Thank you.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com