View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 12:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdto View Post
Thanks for the reply, Scott. I prefer the teardrop shape, which is why I was wondering if I could handle drop in thickness from my current preference of 1.5mm down to 1mm to try one of your black series picks. I understand that your thicker picks are in the triangle shape.
My sense is it would be too thin for you. I say this as someone who plays thicker picks myself, typically in the 1.25 - 1.75 mm range, and I think a 1.0 mm probably wouldn't have enough heft for you, plus the TD-60 has almost zero flex, which is probably what you and I both prefer as for accuracy and projection. You're gonna get some flex at 1.0 mm with almost all materials.

An FYI: Our brown series is the identical material to Blue Chip. Most folks are still unaware that we do that. I have those in teardrops up to about 1.20 mm.

The final decision is yours, and we offer a full 35-day return on everything we sell. But my sense is 1.0 mm is gonna be a smidge too thin. At this point we have no plans to offer a black teardrop over 1.0 mm till probably next year. The action in the line has been triangles, so we go where our customers take us.

So great to talk to you, nonetheless. Let me know if you have any more questions.

be well,
scott