View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM

I have a Cube Street and like it a lot. It's plenty loud for small gig settings, sounds great because the effects are stereo, nice usable reverb on both the instrument and vocal channel, (it has a few other effects that I don't often use with the exception of a bit of chorus in the instrument channel), batteries last a long time between changes, built-in tuner is handy.

What's not to like? No phantom on the mic input, so you'll have to be satisfied with a dynamic or use a self-powered condenser. It's pricey for it's size, but you'll get a quality product that is well built and will last. If you sit in front of the amp it's difficult to see to adjust anything, if you're in back of the amp it's not as easy to hear what you just changed. I guess you can't have everything!

Bottom line, it's a good busking candidate and would serve well as a mini-PA for coffee shop gigs. I've also used it successfully as a personal monitor using the high impediance output from a direct box when playing through a larger stage PA system.