View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyblue View Post
So who are the winners at this point in the poll?

Looks like the K&K's and maybe the JJB's although according to Larry (ljguitar} the output of the JJB's is about 60% of that of the K&K's and when the JJB's are boosted to the same volume as the K&K's, Larry says the JJB's get a little harsh and muddy.

So I've gotta give the #1 spot to the K&K's...even though I thought the JJB's sounded very good in the Youtube video I posted earlier in the thread.
Don't let one man's opinion sway you away from the JJB. I had one installed in a guitar I since sold (wrong neck profile for me) and it sounded great. It was not weak at all and it was not harsh or muddy. It looks like Larry's experience with JBB was the exception and not the norm.

For my JJB set-up, I installed a JJB Prestige-330 (15mm) and I installed it myself. It was installed in a Grand Auditorium, Solid cedar top and solid mahogany back & sides. I thought it sounded awesome. Very natural and loud. Not weak and not muddy/harsh. I was very happy with it for the money I spent on it. In fact, I'm contemplating adding a pickup to the S&P in my signature. If I decide to do so, I already know I'm putting in a JJB.

Just figured I would add my few cents to the discussion.

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian