View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 02:28 PM

So who are the winners at this point in the poll?

Looks like the K&K's and the JJB's although according to Larry (ljguitar} the output of the JJB's is about 60% of that of the K&K's and when the JJB's are boosted to the same volume as the K&K's, Larry says the JJB's get a little harsh and muddy.

So I've gotta give the #1 spot to the K&K's...even though I thought the JJB's sounded great in the Youtube video I posted earlier in the thread. I'd love to compare them side by side.

How about magnetic soundhole pickups?

IMO, the winner in the $150 or under price range is the Baggs M1. The Baggs M80 might sound a little "better" to some ears but at $248. it's $100 more than the Baggs M1 which is priced at $149.

The Seymour Duncan Woody XL sounded very good too! Full and warm and at $70 or less, it's less than half of the $149 price tag of the Baggs M1. It's one where the cord dangles out of the soundhole though. Kind of a turn off for a lot of people.

The Baggs M1 comes with a prewired endpin jack so you don't have a cord dangling out of your soundhole...unless you want that, because it comes with that kind of cord too, so you have your choice.

The thread's still open. Any other recommendations?

Seagull CW w/Baggs M1 pickup...National Vintage Steel Tricone...SWR California Blonde Amp

Last edited by Gypsyblue; 05-26-2015 at 08:04 PM.