View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasantDaughter View Post
Maybe I can afford that after my parent student loans are paid off and I've finally purchased some retirement property in a third world country if I work long enough to collect enough social security.

Seriously.
You are on a great hobby path for retirement, when that time comes. Music, especially guitar, CAN (I used caps because this is a guitar forum that instills GAS on occasion ) be very inexpensive once you are situated with a suitable guitar and a solid direction. In retirement, these things matter both from a financial standpoint as well as consideration for how you want to keep your mind active. There is always something new to learn with the guitar, so it will never get boring or outgrown.

Besides the guitar, any other materials (i.e. books, lessons, etc.) are all as optional as you want or need them to be. No matter what, you would always have that guitar to play.

Also, with that Adam Rafferty course, there is a section on how to arrange your favorite tunes for fingerstyle guitar. He uses "Silent Night" and goes through it in detail SLOWLY and step by step. You then can apply those same steps to any other tune you wish to arrange, so you are not stuck with having to have TAB that somebody else arranged and with songs that somebody else arranged instead of being able to choose what interests you.

The Six String Fingerpicking guy also has a whole course on arranging if you should ever feel the need for more. He splits up his courses into several so you don't have to buy one big course. He also has course bundles to save money.

A beginner fingerpicking course
An intermediate fingerpicking course
An advanced fingerpicking course
An arranging course

...and a couple of others that may or may not be of interest. However, the Adam Rafferty course may be all you need. If nothing else, you will have a solid foundation from which to tackle anything else that interests you.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...