View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Not keen...

Mine may be a one off experience but I bought one just before Christmas and it arrived dusty and fingermarked but it cleaned up very well. Unfortunately it buzzed and sounded very odd and eventually I returned it. Alistair at Emerald told me the nut was lifting and they eventually replaced the guitar. The second arrived dusty and fingermarked, with the battery adrift inside the body and a different, less cosmetically pleasing, pre-amp. It played comfortably but I never really got on with it. I sold it on ebay eventually for a very big loss. Within a few days the buyer got back to me saying the pre-amp was faulty. Luckily Emerald took it back to fix it and I've heard nothing since.

In summary Customer Service, Alistair who I think is the owner, is helpful and responsive. Presentation of what is, after all, an expensive guitar, is awful - no manual, no truss rod key, mucky guitars which need a good clean before you want to touch them. Looks are very subjective - love it or hate it. Sound - ditto, quite unusual. Build, in my experience anyway - dodgy.

I hope this helps. As I said it's only my experience and I'm sure they have a lot of happy customers. I wasn't one of them.

Last edited by Selmar; 07-29-2005 at 02:23 AM.