View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 PM

Even though my Larrivee got kabonged I've been moving forward on this behind the scenes collecting materials and planning the next steps. I've also been working on the neck blank down in my basement with focus on getting the headstock to its final shape and thickness.

I plan to use ziricote for the headstock face plate and back plate. The blank has the same shape volute as the first but I plan on whittling it down to a diamond shape.

I'm going to trim away a lot of the sap wood so that the figuring in the set on the left fits on the headstock. The other set will go on the back of the headstock. As for the "scraps" I'm thinking of trying my hand at doing one of those mosaic type designs on the end wedge, rosette and maybe f.retboard markers. I'd also like to use a small bit of zip flex.

Meanwhile, I'm getting the pieces for the rims prepared. The rosewood sides are thin enough to bend. I just need to figure out the final orientation and cut out the taper on my little bandsaw.