View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 AM

One of the reasons this forum is great for people looking at custom builders....pretty much all of the builders who are sponsors of this forum are stand-up folks.

I have been watching Paul and Kyle's progress ever since they first took a guitar building class with the late Kevin Gallagher of Omega Guitars. I currently have a build in progress with them and I'm very confident that they will do a stellar job.

Other builders that I can personally vouch for are Stehr Guitars, Razo Guitars, Kolaya Guitars, Fay Guitars, Kwasnycia Guitars, Cornerstone Guitars, Edwinson Guitars, Batson Guitars, and Gwaltney Guitars.

Although I haven't had the pleasure of commissioning a build with them, I would also recommend Osthoff Guitars, LeGeyt Guitars, Mayes Guitats and Saville Guitars based on my past interactions with them.

Then again, like I said before, pretty much all of the luthiers listed as sponsors of the AGF have had good reviews in various threads in the forum, not the least of whom is Tim McKnight of McKnight Guitars.

I think if your leaning toward the Burners for a reason, go for it! Give them a call, get on their build list and enjoy the ride...keep in mind that there may not be a lot of communication needed until the build is about to begin, however they definitely won't go "incommunicado" on you for four months, no matter where you are on the build list, or during the build process.

Aloha,

Hen
Clark: A-Wedge Monkeypod/Snkr Rdwd
Cornerstone: Zion All Koa
Cornerstone: Tenor Ukulele Prototype #2 All Koa
Fay: OM Mac Eb/Englemann
Stehr: Aud. Braz/Snkr Rdwd 8-str

Plaid Coyote's gone home to play

Last edited by hnuuhiwa; 05-22-2013 at 12:43 AM.