View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscobie8 View Post
GS, any day. I've owned my 716ce for a couple of years now, and every GA I play just sounds like it's lacking something in the tone compared to its GS equivalent. The GS, to me, is a more versatile shape, as it covers fingerstyle very well and seems to outperform the GA for strumming. I also find the tone to be very balanced.

Not that it matters, but I believe even Bob Taylor himself has said the GS is his favorite original shape.

Bel isi,
-kyle

+1 Kyle I agree. Although I don't own a Taylor, however this town is loaded with them and over the years I've played dozens of them. I too found the newer GS very comfortable, more versitile and tonally balanced for my f/s pickless attack. They have more body and depth to them now, whereas before I found too much emphasis on the upper register & thin in my hands/ears, tho in other folks hands they sometimes sounded nice. Now they are just right and I think Bob hit a real winner here in adding a new voice to his lineup. I love the sound of yours Kyle.

As I 've posted before, if I didn't have my lovely threesome, I would enjoy a GS5 BTO in an amberburst with pipeline fretboard inlays!

noledog

Last edited by noledog; 07-04-2012 at 06:43 PM.