Thread: New MTB Day!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukematrix View Post
Bentonville, AR, huh? You learn something new everyday.

I actually have a bit of bike tinkering on the agenda for today. New 29+ rubber for my Surly Krampus, which is also getting a tubeless conversion. Converting my old Troll to a gravel bike and just need to get the Gevenalle shifters installed and dialed in, then wrap the bars to finish up that one.

Between the two passions, guitars and bikes, I can usually strike a decent balance. Not always, but most of the time.
Yes, when that article was published some of my associates were just getting going on Dec - April trail building there. This morning one posted a nice making coffee pic before he and his crew got to work so take that article and add what around 20 trail builders can do in months of work.

Chad here who originated in our bike and trail posse has gone pro and is posting his work every few weeks. He is truly one of the best and he's worked at some of the most famous places and events. From his time as Trek's trail builder, race shop support and prototype tester he also builds some of the word class level event courses and cyclocross courses.

Best of all, his business launched from and still works at the trail network I started 2 mi from my driveway. Two of the albums on his Facebook site are my ride from home trails.

https://www.facebook.com/LandowskiTrailworxLLC/

The band of riding from Marquette, MI to Duluth, MN is worth checking out. The 2018 Bike Magazine "bible" was all done in Marquette, and those places (Marquette, Copper Harbor, Duluth) absolutely deserve their bronze through gold ratings. They don't have mountain range elevation but are as good as outdoor places get.