Thread: Taylor 414ce
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Taylor 414ce

I just entered the Taylor family a couple months back. I've had a Tacoma DR20 for a few years and have been very happy with it. I started jamming with a guy from work who had a 614ce, which was the first one I'd heard or played and was in love with it, but there was no way I could afford 2800 bucks.

I'd been eyeying a Gibson Songwriter Deluxe as my next guitar for a few years, and one day I was out brousing in a local shp and they had the Gibson, and they had a Taylor 414. I was absolutely blown away by the 414, I knew it would be the next guitar for me. So, after a year or so, I finally went out and bought one. Best investment I've ever made.

The other day I went in to a new Guitar Center which has just come to town, and had the luxery of comparing several Taylors side by side, the 414,514,614, and 714. Call me crazy, but I think the 414 is the best sounding one of the bunch. Granted, they all have that Taylor sound, but the 414 is the most unique sounding guitar I've ever heard. It has a presence that the others just don't have.

Just curious if I'm the only who prefers this model, seems odd considering the price difference. I do, however, wish it played as well and looked as sweet as the 614's and 714's.