View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 10:52 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
That is one of the woods which have been on my radar for a while now (can't have them all, sorry, Mark) and when I saw that piece in your shop it certainly caught my attention. I will be MOST interested to see how it turns out and to hear a description of the sound.
Thanks for following along! This is an interesting wood. Tonally I expect it to fall between Rosewood and Ebony, sort of in the neighborhood of Pau Ferro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberguitars View Post
I've always thought that Olive wood was one of the most beautiful woods. I'm looking forward to see how this turns out. Kudos to you for giving it a shot!
Thanks. It really is it's own look and silky smooth to work and hold. It's fun pairing it with trim options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Franklin View Post
I made an olive and incense cedar ukulele. It was a pleasure to work with as you say, so easy to shape and bends nicely too.
I've bent some test pieces which were as you say. I was concerned that it would scorch easily especially as it is a light colored wood that is so hard that it would require higher temps. Doesn't seem the have a problems though.

Here is a picture of the back joined, back graft on and a new style Olivewood logo chip in place;

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright