View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 03:42 PM

My first CF guitar was a low end gloss Legacy with no rosette-like marking and a Baggs Element. I'm no longer sure of the model but it had a composite fingerboard and stainless frets and I think I bought it in 2006 from Elderly Instruments. I felt it was not quite as loud as my Martin dreadnoughts but it had a fine tone and the ruggedness was a big factor for me. After that I tried every CA model, a few Emeralds, and several RainSong dreadnoughts (CO and Hybrid) and OMs (mostly Hybrids and a Shortie). During this period I sold my two Martins, a D-41 and a D-45V. Today I am playing a RainSong H-DR1100N2 with a MiSi Trio as my main guitar. I have a Traveler Escape Mark III Mahogany for airplane rides (though the RainSong in my Mono Sleeve is fly worthy with early boarding and only about 7 inches longer than a GS mini bag, and only 4 inches longer in a Access Stage 1 gig bag). For me the Hybrid Dreadnought sounds the best and is volume competitive with any wooden guitar.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 01-07-2017 at 03:52 PM.