View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITArchitect View Post
All the talk about the ZOOM H4 has attracted my interest in recording. I have been looking at the Boss BR-600 and Micro BR as possible alternatives to the ZOOM. Anyone have expereince with either of them or a comparison to the Zoom.
Hi ITA...
The Edirol 09 would be a better unit to compare with the Zoom H4. It is similar size, function and quality. I have heard recordings made with it, and it is a comparable unit. I have seen all units listed, have not played with all of them yet.

It is also $100 more, includes fewer accessories (like the tripod mount), and less features (is not a computer interface).

It really begs the question, what do you expect to accomplish with a field recorder. If all you are doing is pulling down practice samples, and just transfer them to computer or burn CDrs easily, then any of them will work.

If you want user selectable input, phantom power, XLR & 1/4'' inputs, line level out as well as headphone out, then your options narrow considerably.

Hope you find the unit of your dreams...

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…