View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM

Guild JF30-12 is a great guitar. Love mine, you can find em used around $900-$1000. You can get a guild 12 string that isn't a jumbo a bit cheaper, but I think it's worth the extra couple hundred to get the real deal. If you're into a 12 string that doesn't sound too "twangy" a Guild is probably the way to go. The high E/B strings don't over power the rest of the guitar like a lot of 12s do.

If you want 12 that has a great higher end classic 12 string sound to it. I played a larrivee that was $900 used, I can't remember the model name sorry. It might be worth checking their lineup out as well. My only complaint about the larrivee and a few Taylors I've played is that they have a neck like a 6 string. It's too cramped for me. I like how Guild 12s have a wider neck/string spacing. It's not for everyone, but it makes playing a 12 way easier for me.

Keep all that in mind when you buy one though. The string spacing on a 12 string is a pretty big deal, unless you think you can just suck it up and learn. I just accidentally pluck an extra string too often when I play a 12 with a narrow neck.
2011 Guild M120E