View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmf View Post
A long while back I had an accident that ripped the skin off the tip of my middle finger on my left (picking) hand. It left a pad of scar tissue that sometimes catches on the strings. Lately I've using my middle and ring fingers more often, and the skin is starting to tear a little at the base of that pad of scar tissue.

A question for those of you who fingerpick with bare fingers a lot, and need to be ready for performances, is what do you do about cut finger tips? I was thinking of applying super glue to the tear in the skin. Dumb idea?

I never could get used to fingerpicks, so that's not an option for me.

Thanks much.

Nick
Hey Nick...
I use SuperGlue to seal cuts as a fingerstyler, but don't know if it's tough/durable enough to use on a finger that does fingerings. There is a medically safe version of it available at any pharmacy. Bonding skin to skin (sealing a cut) is different than padding the tip.

I also use it to repair rips or tears in nails, but I strum with the back of my nails, and have to reapply it after any gig. It lasts about one gig (and I fingerpick more than I strum).

Probably depends on how much hammering on and pulling off of strings you do as to whether it will protect and have the ability to last long enough with out being dislodged (peeled off).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…