View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
I don't understand why you were not allowed in the Gibson booth.
Maybe it was your "Taylor's Rock" t-shirt that kept you out.
Anyway, glad you had a great experience with Taylor. They are a great company.
My understanding is the only open to the public time is Sunday afternoon. So the Fender Rocks Gibson Sucks tee shirt wasn't it.

BTW I don't hate Gibson for it. The NAMM show is supposed to be for buyers and sellers in the industry not end users like us. In fact we kind of shouldn't be there if we aren't in the industry on a professional level. So they don't have to cater to the end user public at that event and I accept their decision to prevent their booth becoming jammed with looky loos like myself. But if I owned Gibson I would find a way to meet my obligations to my direct client base without alienating their client base. They are one of few manufacturers that do this.

Which points out the massive difference in marketing attitude between they and Taylor. Taylor made no bones about it. If you played guitar they wanted you to spend time in their booth. I don't want this to become a Gibson bash cause that isn't my intent. More, I want to celebrate a company that goes overboard to recognize the little guy. I tell you right now. had Taylor not been so darned NICE at that show I'd never have touched a Taylor product in a store