View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
You will have a hard time finding a better wave editor than Audition. It's been a favourite of the production world for good reason.

There is a poster over on the AudioMasters Forum (unofficial Syntrillium/Audition site) that uses it almost exclusively (he regularly reports trying out the new "greatest thing" software, only to find that it falls short) to clean up old recordings from the vaults of the great European classical labels. He has a stack of awards as a result of his work.

An interesting story... Andrew was contacted by Gramophone Magazine to determine the authenticity of Joyce Hatto recordings. Using Audition, he was able to reveal the great Hatto Hoax, something that had the Classical world all a buzz.

I think if you are into midi or VSTI you owe it to yourself to look around, but for most work Audition can hang with the best.
Great perspective, thanks. Hope I don't one day discover that my own recordings are hoaxes too. But wait, that would explain a lot....

Doerr Artist custom Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F10C Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F35C Sinker/Tasmanian blackwood
Paragon MJ Sitka/Maple
Paragon MJ custom Carpathian/Malaysian blackwood
Brunner custom travel guitar

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
- John Cage