View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Default Yamaha FG730S and its competitors...

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner guitar player, looking for an acoustic guitar which will accustomed to my need. I have been playing guitar since probably 10 years ago, but never dedicated myself to learn fully (for example, taking guitar lessons) or spending a considerable amount of time practicing it. Hence, i am still in a beginner stage in terms of guitar playing. I do know my simple chords, but still having a rough time remembering some more complicated ones. It just happens to me that lately I've been thinking of playing guitar again to fill up my spare times in studying and working. Hence, the idea of looking for an acoustic guitar.

I've been told by my brother, who is a musician slash accountant that Yamaha FG730S would fit my requirements. Thus, I was looking for informations on the internet regarding this and I did found myself fond of this type of guitar. In fact, I have gone to Yamaha store and tried some of their guitars to assured myself. Problem is, I've been getting mixed informations about the type of acoustic guitar that i should get. After a few days of looking for answers, i am getting even more confused about the possibility of another brand, such as Cort, Takamine, Seagull, etc.

I would like to ask you guys for recommendation, which guitar should i pick to fit my needs. I trust that you all know the price range of the Yamaha FG730S, so I would consider another brand that the price is more or less close to it. Pardon my English, it is not my first language.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Einziger171; 10-03-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Title editing.