View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 05:37 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
What a beaut! Looks wonderful black and yellow, imho...

Very cool instrument! Nice work guys!!!

Cheers

Paul
Thanks Brother Paul...my "Kinnaird brother" from another mother .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowManSnow View Post
A super unique instrument.
Well done
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Bro, I really like what the finish did. Most noticeable is the pale section in the center (of the back). It came alive! Fantastic.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I saw that too, but once you mentioned it, you're right it really made that aspect take on new life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Nice Woody. Purdy! Not sure but I think Tony's lights are causing some of that tint. I noticed that with mine too.
Dennis, I agree. I knew from the start that the wood would take on a more golden hue with finish. John and I have discussed several ideas long before now of how we will finish the neck to compliment that very aspect. But to your point, honestly I too have noticed that the pics from Tony never show much other than (as Steve pointed out) how the wood pops under finish. What Tony's pics don't show is how the red aspects pop out under finish as in these pics it looks a bit more brown...again likely a product of his lighting. The cherry guitar that John built for me a while back had some red in it and in person it jumped off the page in a very delightful way.

Whatever the case, I think this will be an awesome guitar and I'm certain it will be really cool in "normal" light.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!