View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:28 AM

Default Another happy CA Cargo owner

Hello all! I'm writing in high spirits today because last night I got my CA Cargo!!! I had to drive about an hour and a half to get to the nearest dealer, but when I got there and played the cargo, it made it all worth it. The model they had was without electronics, and in the wine red RT finish. My first impression was that I didn't really like the color, but after looking a little longer, it really grew on me. I played it for a little while and loved it - great sound out of this little guitar. I totally agree with everyone's positive reviews of this guitar that have been made thus far. Here are the things I'd like to add:

Cargos ship with Elixer coated light gauge strings. I could tell when playing the guitar for two reasons: bends were very easy, and if you fret the strings too hard, you actually pull the note sharp, noticeably, especially in the GBe strings.
Neck profile: the neck on CA guitars is 1 3/4" at the nut, which is a change for me, but I'm really liking it - good balance for me between ease-of-strumming and ease-of-fingerpicking. The neck is pretty thin, though, which I am also enjoying, but I can imagine that it could bother some people.
Balance (weight, not sound): The cargo has strap attachments at either end of the body, which are nice, but as with most small bodied guitars, it is neck-heavy, and the neck tips down if you let go while wearing the strap. I'm going to try using the shoestring around the headstock method later.
Action: The action on this guitar is rather low, and that is one thing I may have adjusted - Thinking of getting a new nut made for medium gauge strings with a slightly higher action. I'd like opinions on this, though (good idea? bad idea?).

Also, I took some pictures of it this morning, but would someone mind hosting them for me?
Thanks - and sorry to all who have been GASsed by this