View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
Very happy your X20 finally arrived, I wasn't sure I could handle the drama much longer.

I hope you enjoy your Emerald X20 and X7 as much I enjoy my X20 and X7. They are both great instruments in their own way.
Drama? Me?

I have had a couple hours with this guitar now. Right to the top of My Favorites list! The depth and richness of the sound is amazing! May be the larger body compared to the X7 (and I love my little X7)... may be the fact that this sound hole opens more upward, towards the player... or, it may be some kind of special mojo that Alistair and crew built into it.

It is rare that I get a guitar and not feel like there is something I should do to fine-tune the action for me... the action is just the way I like it! Even though it is bigger than the X7, the design and ergonomics work together to make it just as comfortable.

And the sound... did I mention the sound? Love at first strum!

The photos on the Emerald website and the enclosed flash card are beautiful, but the guitar is even more striking in person. I will post some "first looks" photos when I get a chance, but without a full photography studio in our motorhome, I could not produce anything as nice as the professional photography from Emerald.

I could not be more pleased!

Jim