View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 09:19 PM

Default Best Smartphone for Filming Music?

My plan is getting ready to renew and I'm thinking of upgrading. Right now I use my Iphone 5C to film music, with a Zoom iQ7 external mic. I know the video technology is much better now and I want to get the absolute best phone out there in terms of the following:

1. Video Quality
2. Storage Space
3. Microphone

I would love the ability to record true "professional quality" video with my phone. The problems I have with my current phone are, it won't record past 720P, and it's so limited on storage space. I get very good sound quality with the Zoom iQ7 mic so that's not as much of an issue, but there are occasions where I don't have that mic with me and find myself wanting to record a jam or something.

Right now it's looking like the Samsung Galaxy Edge S6 is the winner over the iPhone 6 Plus because it can actually record as high as 4K. Not that I would necessarily use all that, but dang...4K! It also seems to have a higher gain built in mic than the iPhone 6 Plus.

I would love to continue using an iPhone because that's what I'm used to, and it would be compatible with the external mic I'm currently using, which I'm happy with. But the bottom line is, I want the best thing out there, and if that means switching back to Android I will. So is there something I'm missing about the iPhone 6 Plus? Is there another phone I should consider?
"Out of all the sincere and well-intentioned attempts of politics, diplomacy, philosophy, religion, and education to get people to be peaceable together, ironically today, the last thing on earth that all seven billion of us agree on is that we like the steel string guitar." -Dan Crary