View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 05:38 PM

I have one of the all gloss ones commissioned by The Podium. It is not a particularly loud guitar, but it has lovely tone. I almost returned it when I realized it was not strong enough voiced to work well with my family's flutes and violins, but I couldn't, in part because it sounded so fabulous in DADGAD tuning. Mine is sounding even better to me with John Pearse new mediums (that have been played for a few weeks). I'm planning on trying Thomastik-Infeld Spectrums (which folks here claim sound great from the very start on their various guitars).

This guitar competes pretty well for my time with my Goodall.

The sound of this guitar has developed some in the two years I've had it (stronger voice that does not get lost in a sound-absorbing room like it used to). Supposedly, based on what a few folks here have said, they take a while to really open up (maybe 5 years or so????). My guitar repair guy says the old ones are supposedly really loud guitars with a lovely sweet tone (He bought one for himself too, and he has access to an amazing assortment of world class guitars. In fact, without knowing it, it turns out I accidentally bought the one he had picked out for himself but had not yet purchased a few years back.). We'll see what happens as the guitar gets played more over the years.

Last edited by wcap; 11-18-2011 at 09:15 PM.