View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Slim II View Post

I'm actually working on a whole instructional program aimed at players who can already play -- just not classical or fingerstyle. This place could be a receptive audience, and I'd love to hear any feedback you have if you decide to watch these.
I'm your demographic and I'm also a teacher-trainer in another field who has taught myself guitar so I'm a bit picky about pedagogy. I thought this was a great lesson. I was interested enough, personally, to try out what you were saying and was able to follow it easily. I learned new things just in this lesson and was immediately able to apply them to my own music. I love that you use notation and pima and don't take it down to tabs or other finger names. I would definitely watch more of your videos. You're a good teacher and you're explaining this quite well. I would request that you consider saying "fretting hand" and "picking hand" or something like that instead of "left" and "right" since you seek to appeal to a wider audience that will include left-handed players. This terminology makes it even easier to follow for everyone, imo. Great job. I look forward to more.

Lefty Acoustics

Martin 00-15M
Taylor 320e Baritone

Cheap Righty Classical (played upside down ala Elizabeth Cotten)