View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 04:28 PM

A LOT of amps can do similar tones of the supersonic at lower wattage and at a much lower price. The best, affordable, low wattage 2 channel tube amp that provides great cleans and excellent distortion sounds is the Blackstar HT-5R

The Blackstar HT-1R is also excellent sounding, but only one watt. Great cleans and dirt. There are many, many other amps that can do the tones you speak of. Some at low volume and some at ear-bleed levels.

I used to be a die-hard, tube only fanatic (I've been playing Blues harp for 25 years and have had dozens of tube amps). I have since come to appreciate modeling amps, especially for guitar. The Katana 50 is worth a look IMO.

You need to do some 1st hand investigating to know if you want a 2-3 channel tube amp, a tube amp and a pedal or two or go the modeling route. Even most avid music fans have a hard time telling if an amp is a 100 watt amp driving a full sized 4 X 10" or a modeling amp with an emulated speaker out into a pa. The new stuff being made is actually pretty incredible.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19

Last edited by roylor4; 08-21-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: thought about response