View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:03 AM

I have ran tuner experiments with my built in amp tuner, Boss pedal tuner, about 4 other random tuners and several $8 Snark tuners. My research has shown me that they are all nearly identical. I tune a guitar using any of the above tuners, get it in tune then use the others and they all show the same thing. None of them give me a different reading. I predominately use my Snarks. In fact I bought three for $24 from amazon. I love their user friendliness but one thing I never do it leave it attached to my headstocks as I can't stand that look. To my eyes there is nothing more hideous on a guitar than the tuner attached to the headstock. When playing live, I clip mine to a handle on my amp. I use between songs when needed. Clip on, tune, clip off. I'm amazed these days and the big time pro guys, such as a Steve Miller, who leave their hideous clip on tuners attached all show.