View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 07:32 PM
Go Acoustic Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Forgot to answer that part.

The mic adds a lot of airiness, or natural sound. But if you turn it up full (which represents 50% Mic/Pickup) it can get feedback with stage monitors. I keep it a little less than halfway which gives you maybe 20% Mic with the pickup. The mic is not boxy sounding like some internal mics.
Because of the phasing of the summing circuit, mike feedback its best addressed by inverting phase at the amp or control board. Some amps do not have a phase switch.

In audio engineering the XLR mike cables allow phase inversion to best address mike feedback.

The GoAA system basically does this by inverting signal at the source. This can cancel body cavity hz by inverting the frequency through the preamp.

So, in my shop I always hold the guitar, ringing with a chord, in the face if the amp and hit the phase button to determine the best phase for that guitar.

Its a moving target.

The legendary Hawaiian guitarist, Kapono Beamer played at an event recently. He used a very unusual tuning and it was the first time he experienced any feed back using our system. He visited my friend in Hawaii who installed it for him, to show him the issue. As he showed the cycling to him on a specific chord my friend pushed the phase button and the feed back was gone. Kapono was amazed.