View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Slim II View Post
This actually kind of makes my point. It may be accurate, but it’s unreadable. No site reader could read that kind of rhythm on the fly.

That’s why we abbreviate these kinds of thing as ornaments. Writing it as such would not be inaccurate or incorrect in any way. In fact, it would be the proper and conventional way to do it.

That’s my last two cents on the subject. Obviously I have a strong opinion about it, but of course it’s up to you.
Please don't take anything I say the wrong way. You have been absolutely INTEGRAL in this process. But, I don't know that I'm as concerned with how easily it can be sight read as I am about it being an accurate representation of the music. I just worry a little about using some of the more obscure notations when I can just use the more traditional notes, slurs, etc.

But please, don't let that stop you from helping me anymore.

Edit: I did actually look up mordants and I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for. The way I understood it, you play a note, then a note higher, then back to the first note in quick succession. Whereas, in this song, the 3 notes descend.

Last edited by mistertomlinson; 10-28-2017 at 06:33 AM.